Seasoned UK Education Advisory Agency, UKEAS, Launches Its First Office In the Philippines On The Eve Of Its First Education Exhibition!
For Immediate Release: October 14, 2011 – UKEAS, the leading UK educational advisory agency in Asia, officially launched its first office in the Philippines at an intimate reception held at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
United Kingdom Education Advisory Service (UKEAS) was founded by two brothers, Richard and John Smith who when both living and working in Taiwan as English language teachers, realized there was a lack of proper knowledge available to students interested in studying abroad in the United Kingdom. Working from their living rooms, the two slowly solidified their business model and were able to open their first education advisory offices in Taipei and Taichung in 1993. Since modest beginnings, UKEAS has expanded to 25 offices worldwide in six different countries: Taiwan (Taipei, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Hsinchu, Taoyuan, Tainan, Keelung), China (Shanghai, Chongqing, Nanjing, Beijing, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Chengdu, Ningbo, Qingdao, TaiZhou), Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City), Nigeria (Lagos), Philippines and Oxford, England.
Located in Legazpi Village in the heart of Makati City, UKEAS Philippines provides FREE and impartial counseling and application services to any student who wishes to study abroad in the United Kingdom at the high school, undergraduate and graduate degree levels. The company is committed to ensuring that FREE expert advice is given by highly trained counselors on all aspects of British education and furthermore, ensuring that each student finds the right course for his / her specific needs.
UKEAS provide a number of services to its students to ensure they are looked after the entire process, from application process to duration of their stay in the UK to when they return to the Philippines, all of which fall under the aegis of its “Free Service Pledge”:
• Free counseling and advise on British education;
• Free online application service;
• Free self accessible library to course information at British institutions;
• Free Internet access to course information on institution websites;
• Free access to the UKEAS Database to view course information, application status, etc. in real time;
• Free assistance with preparing and completing a full and correct application;
• Free visits and interviews in our office with top UK universities;
• Free access to UKEASs mini-exhibitions that help to focus on a small cohort of top UK universities.
• Free assistance with booking accommodations;
• Free assistance with visa applications;
• Free organizing of air tickets and other travel arrangements;
• Free provision of extensive pre-departure briefing and cultural orientation course;
• Free travel support pack including International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and UK Guide Book;
• Free emergency assistance in the UK.
UK education and innovation has been a world leader for hundreds of years. Currently 4 of the world’s top 10 universities are in the UK including the world’s number 1 university; Cambridge. The UK offers a unique opportunity to study amongst the foremost contemporary intellects in every discipline. Amongst the world changing innovations, creative arts and discoveries past and present that have shaped the world are:
• Literature – from Chaucer, Shakespeare and Dickens to JK Rowling and Harry Potter, etc…
• Economics – Adam Smith, John Maynard Keynes, etc…
• Science & Engineering – gravity and calculus (Newton), the steam engine, the railway, the jet engine, splitting the atom, DNA, cloning, the computer, the internet, the telephone, the TV, the fax machine, etc..
• Medicine – antibiotics, blood transfusions, vaccination, stem cells, cloning, Viagra, Gray’s Anatomy, etc.
• Fashion – Vivian Westwood, Stella McCartney, Galliano, Paul Smith, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, etc…
• Design – Jonathan Ives (iphone), Sir Norman Foster (The Gherkin), Mini, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Concorde
• Music – Andrew Lloyd-Webber, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, Coldplay, Elton John, David Bowie, etc.
UKEAS help students interested in studying in the UK at any university.
UKEAS’ FIRST UK EDUCATION EXHIBITION
The launch of UKEAS Philippines comes on the eve of its first UK education exhibition held on October 15, 2011 between 1 – 6:00PM in Mandarin Oriental Hotel. UKEAS
invited representatives from the UK’s top universities to Manila to provide additional information about a myriad of different Undergraduate and Graduate courses offered at their schools, including: Business (MBA), Finance and Management, Law (JD), International Relations, Computer and Informatics, Creative Arts and Design, Media (Film and Television), Music, Language, Literature and Creative Writing, Philosophy, Economics, Engineering, Medicine and Nursing, amongst many others. Registration is completely FREE for all those interested to attend.
– Bangor, University of
– Bradford School of Management
– The University of Brighton’s College (Kaplan)
– Bristol, University of
– Cambridge Education Group
– East Anglia, University of
– Glasgow, University of (Kaplan)
– Heriot Watt University (Study Group)
– Huddersfield, University of (Study Group)
– Kaplan International College (Bournemouth)
– Kingston University London (Study Group)
– Lancaster University (Study Group)
– Leicester, University of (Study Group)
– University of Lincoln (Study Group)
– Liverpool John Moores University (Study Group)
– Newcastle, University of
– Queen Mary, University of London
– Sheffield Hallam University
– Sheffield, University of (Kaplan)
– Surrey, University of (Study Group)
– Stirling, University of
– St. Andrews, University of
– Study Group International Study Centre (UK)
– Sussex, University of (Study Group)
All pre-registered students are automatically entered into a raffle and are eligible to win a new Apple iPAD2 amongst other prizes: http://ukeas.ph/registration.
About United Kingdom Educational Advisory Service (UKEAS)
UKEAS is an education consultancy company that provides FREE and impartial counselling and application services for international students who wish to study at high schools, colleges and universities in the United Kingdom. The business was founded in 1993, and has since helped thousands of students to study in the UK in a variety of different courses. UKEAS currently has offices in Taiwan, China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Nigeria as well as corporate offices the UK. For more information, please visit UKEAS Philippines online at www.ukeas.ph and become a member of its online community at www.facebook.com/UKEASPhilippines or @UKEASPhils on Twitter.
About The Founders
Born and raised in Liverpool, England, the founders and group Company Directors, Richard & John Smith both live in Taiwan, although much time is spent on the road between the various offices in the region. Richard studied Accountancy at Manchester Metropolitan University and is a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (FCCA) whereas John studied Mechanical Engineering at UMIST (now the University of Manchester). Both have lived in Taiwan since 1990 and are capable Mandarin speakers as well as being well versed in the culture of the region. Richard and John are both trained English language teachers holding the RSA TEFL.
For additional details, please contact:
Monsters Centaur Production Inc.