Red Bull Thre3style has officially made its way to the Philippines! For the first time ever, one Filipino DJ will be given the chance to compete at the Thre3style World Championships to be held later this year in Baku, Azerbaijan.
This year, thirteen DJs will be pitted against each other in two qualifying rounds:
Competing in Cebu’s J. Ave Superclub on June 21st:
• DJ K Groove | 2x Queensland (AUS) DMC Champion;
• DJ Niki | K1 Amateur DJ Champion;
• DJ Katsy Lee | 2012 Pioneer Philippines DJ Digital Battle Champion;
• DJ Luigi Guzman | Resident DJ at Prohibition;
• DJ Carlo Atendido | Spin City DJ Competition finalist;
• DJ Short | Negros Occidental’s DJ Hobbyist
Competing in Manila’s URBN Bar and Kitchen on June 26th:
• DJ Aryan | Instructor at Beat Project Manila;
• DJ Mick | Music director and head DJ of Collective Concepts;
• DJ Buzz | Wave 89.1 resident DJ;
• DJ Supremefist | 2008 Pioneer Philippines DJ Digital Battle Champion;
• DJ Nix Damn P! | Los Angeles’ Best Buy DJ Champion;
• DJ Flava Matikz of Q-York | Official DJ of the Philippine Allstars;
• DJ Brandon Jon | Red Bull Thre3style University Champion
Of the thirteen, the top three DJs from each qualifier will advance on to the Philippine Finals on June 28th at Republiq Club.
Judging the events are 2011 Thre3style World Champion DJ Hedspin and 2014 Thre3style World Finals Judge DJ Shortkut who will be basing their decisions on the following criteria: originality of track selection, mixing creativity, technicality of mixing, stage presence, and crowd response.
About Red Bull Thre3style:
Red Bull Thre3style pits the world’s best DJs in a competition that values technical skill as much as the ability to thrill a dancefloor. Competitors are judged on the dual platforms of technical ability and crowd reaction, and are given just 15 minutes each to prove that they’re the best in the room. Judges work to a strict criteria that also marks DJs on their originality in song choices, confidence performing and mixing prowess. For more information, please visit: http://www.redbullthre3style.com/
About Red Bull Philippines:
The premium Energy Drink known all around the world – Red Bull (Blue & Silver can) – was launched in the Philippines last May 2012. Thanks to its unique formula, Red Bull Energy Drink gives you wings by vitalizing body and mind. For more information on Red Bull, visit our website at www.redbull.com and follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: facebook.com/redbull | twitter.com/redbullph | instagram.com/redbullph
For more information, kindly contact:
E.Jay Miranda – Field Marketing Manager | Red Bull Philippines
firstname.lastname@example.org | M:+63 917 820 6507 | Tweet us at: @RedBullPH
Will Hsu | Monsters Centaur Production Inc.
email@example.com | M:+63 917 522 5161